Thailand’s Department of Intellectual Property (DIP) recently announced that it has launched a new Fast Track service for trademark registration in Thailand. This is a clear and welcomed attempt by the DIP to streamline their services and make the process much more efficient and user friendly for trade mark applicants.
This Fast Track service will greatly reduce the time taken to reach the publication stage of registration from 6-15 months to 6 months only. The publication period itself will take a further 2 months to complete. The DIP will then issue the resulting trademark certificate once it has confirmed that there has been no opposition to the application during the publication period.
In order for your trademark application to qualify for the Fast Track service, it must meet the following criteria:
- The goods and services for your mark must NOT exceed 30 items.
- The applicable goods and services for the mark must exactly match the goods/services database on the DIP website.
How do you use the DIP Fast Track service?
- Any application must be filed IN PERSON at the DIP by the owner of the mark or an officially appointed Lawyer representing the owner.
- You must request the Fast Track service at the time of application only and not at any point after.
- There is no additional cost for the Fast Track Service.
If you have any further questions or would like to consult one of our IP Lawyers, you can post your request here: https://www.belaws.com/thailand/intellectual-property/