Last update: April 2020
Welcome to Belaws.com. Belaws.com is an online platform that makes it faster and easier for corporate clients to find and hire legal and ancillary services from a pool of pre-vetted professionals. Belaws is not a law firm. Belaws does not offer legal representation. Belaws does not offer any legal advice, legal opinions, recommendations, referrals, or counseling. Service providers are not the employees or agents of Belaws.
This Website is offered and available to users who are 21 years of age or older. If you are under 21, you may not use this Website or the Belaws services. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website. Our Customer Support team can be contacted by submitting a request by email at [email protected].
Belaws means Beservices Ltd. or Beservices Holdings Pte. Ltd.
Functionalities refers to services provided by Belaws, including, without limitation, access to communication tools, document management and storage solutions, digital company secretary and payment services. Belaws does not provide an attorney referral service or serve as an employment agency. We provide a platform for our Users to meet and exchange information with our Service Providers.
User, “You” and “Your” refer to the person, company, or organization who has visited or is using the Website and/or Functionalities. A User may or may not be a Buyer.
Buyers are Users who purchase services on Belaws.
Offers are offers made by Service Providers to Users who have requested a quotation on Belaws.
Order Request is the request for quotation made by a User to receive Offers from Service Providers.
Engagement Letter means the formal agreement between a User and a Service Provider for the Service Provider to provide a service to the User.
Order means an Offer that has been accepted by the User with the Engagement Letter signed and payment processed.
Order Page is where Buyers and Service Providers communicate with each other in connection with an Order.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an Order between a User and a Service Provider on Belaws.
Revenue is the money Service Providers earn from Orders.
Credit Balance is the credit collected from cancelled Orders.
Overview (main terms, in a nutshell)
- Only registered Users may buy services on Belaws. The registration is free.
- Offers may start at a price of USD 50. The price is solely determined by each Service Provider.
- Orders are purchased through the “Accept Offer” button found on an Offer.
- Users may not process payments using any method other than placing an order through Belaws.com.
Belaws is a platform for collaboration and communication between Users and Service Providers. Functionalities include an easy collaboration through Belaws’s communication management tools, document management and storage, and simple, secure payment and invoicing tools.
About legal services
Belaw IS NOT A LAW FIRM. Belaws does not offer legal representation. Belaws does not offer any legal advice, legal opinions, recommendations, referrals, or counseling.
The use of Belaws DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WITH BELAWS. Belaws does not offer legal advice or services. Any use of Belaws’ Functionalities is not intended to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship. Users communication on Belaws may be available to one or more Service Provider(s), depending on the requests for services made by Users. Confidentiality of information shared on Belaws between Users and Service Provider(s) is protected when Users and Service Providers execute an Engagement Letter.
About legal services and other services
Service Providers are not employees or agents of Belaws. Belaws is not involved in agreements between Users nor in the representation of Users. At no point may Belaws be held liable for actions or omissions by any Service Provider performing services for you.
Belaws is not a referral service or employment agency. Belaws does not select or endorse any Service Provider to service specific Users. Belaws uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that registered Service Providers hold the necessary licenses and qualifications to provide services within their area(s) of expertise.
Belaws does not warrant or guarantee that Service Providers are covered by professional liability insurance. Belaws encourages Users to research any Service Provider before proceeding to an Order.
- Service Providers provide Offers based on Users Order Requests.
- If an Order is cancelled (for any reason), funds paid will be refunded to Buyer’s Credit Balance.
Who our Service Providers are
Service Providers are independent professionals (lawyers, accountants, auditors, tax advisers, notaries or consultants) who offer to perform services for prospective clients on the Website. Service Providers are not employees of Belaws.
The use of the Website may not form an attorney-client relationship with Service Providers. Information posted or made available on or through the Website, including, without limitation, any responses to legal questions posted on the Website, information posted publicly on the Website, or information sent in an unsolicited message to a User is not intended as legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is considered User-Generated Content.
An attorney-client relationship may be formed through the use of the Website between Buyers and Service Providers who are attorneys at law only. Users may post Order Requests through the Website. Services Providers may submit Offers and negotiate details of the matter prior to acceptance. Upon acceptance, the scope of a Service Provider’s representation is strictly limited to the matter agreed upon in the Order. An Offer is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon information contained in an Offer as legal advice. Belaws takes every reasonable effort to ensure the privacy of Offers and other personal messages on our Website.
Service Providers’ Responsibilities
Service Providers are solely responsible for ensuring that any information, solicitations, or advertisements they post or place on the Website, including, without limitation, User-Generated Content, and any communications they may have with prospective clients through the Website, fully comply with all applicable laws and rules of professional conduct, including those concerning the unauthorized practice of law and those regulating the form, manner or content of communications with clients, advertising, or other matters.
Contract and Payment of Service Providers
Belaws is not a party to contracts between Users and Service Providers. Such contracts are solely between Users and Services Providers. Belaws facilitates these contracts by generating an Engagement Letter between Users and Service Providers, and providing communication and payment tools.
Service Providers freely and independently fix their price on Belaws. Belaws does not charge any fees to Service Providers. There are no fees splitting between Service Providers and Belaws.
Belaws invoices Buyers for the amount requested by Service Providers and adds Belaws platform processing fees and applicable taxes. Buyers pay for services provided by Service Providers and for Belaws Functionalities. Once Belaws collects payments, Service Providers invoice Belaws for their fees.
- Service Providers send Offers addressing Users’ specific requirements.
- Offers are detailed answers to Buyers Order Requests issued by Service Providers and include a precise description of the scope of services to be provided, a price and an estimated timeline for sharing deliverables.
- Offers have an expiry date of 30 days.
- Offers are sent on the Order Page.
Users and Buyers
You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the authority to, and are of legal age in your jurisdiction to, bind yourself to this Agreement; (ii) your use of Functionalities will be solely for purposes permitted by this Agreement; (iii) your use of Functionalities will not infringe or misappropriate intellectual property rights of any third party; and (iv) your use of Functionalities will comply with all applicable laws and regulations and with all other Belaws policies.
When signing up on Belaws, you create a personalized account which includes a unique username and password to access Functionalities and receive messages from Belaws.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities occurring under your account and any actions taken in connection with your account. You agree to notify Belaws immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, or of any other breaches of security on Belaws platform. Belaws is not responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of unauthorized use of your computer, mobile device, or other computing device and/or account.
In the event a User decides to employ any Service Provider previously contracted through Belaws platform as a full-time employee, such User agrees and consents to paying Belaws a special fee equal to 15% of the first-year salary of that Service Provider.
- Users make Order Requests which address specific requirements, and receive Offers from Service Providers through the Website.
- Payment is made by wire transfer or online through a reputable payment gateway, a third-party payment processor.
- Belaws platform processing fees are added at the time of purchase and Users can review and accept the total amount requested before paying. These fees cover the compensation for Belaws services and may cover payment processing fees. As of March 2020, Belaws platform processing fees are computed as an amount equal to 20% of the Offer price (with the exclusion of out-of-pocket expenses and official fees specified by Service Providers).
- You must not offer to pay Service Providers, or make payment using any method other than through the Website. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support by email at hel[email protected].
In addition to the purchase price and Belaws platform processing fees, Buyers will be charged applicable taxes depending on the jurisdiction and billing details of the Service Provider hired. An invoice is issued following each payment and a payment receipt is provided upon request to allow eligible Buyers to claim back Value Added Tax (VAT) or equivalent from relevant tax authorities.
- Once the payment is confirmed, your Order will be created and given a unique Belaws Order number (Job ID).
- Service Providers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work when using the Completed Job button (located on the Order Page).
- An Order is marked as complete after the Order is marked as Completed by a Service Provider. That Order can be reopened if requested by the Buyer at the discretion of the Service Provider.
Disputes and Cancellations
Buyers and Service Providers must settle disputes amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, Users or Service Providers can contact Belaws Customer Support for assistance by email at [email protected].
- In the event a Buyer or Service Provider encounters an issue related to the services provided in an Order, they must settle disputes amongst themselves.
- Belaws reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transaction made on the Website.
All transfers and assignments of intellectual property to a Buyer shall be subject to a full payment of the related Order and the deliverables may not be used if the payment is cancelled for any reason.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the Buyer’s credit balance.
- Requests for revisions can be made on the Order Page before this Order is marked as Completed.
- Belaws does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled Orders back to our payment service provider. Funds related to cancelled Orders are refunded to Buyer’s Credit Balance as credits and are available for future purchases on Belaws. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled Orders will not include Belaws platform processing fees and taxes paid.
User Conduct And Protection
- Belaws does not provide protection for Users or Service Providers who interact outside of Belaws platform.
- All information and file sharing exchanges must be performed exclusively on Belaws platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages sent will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
Adult Services & Pornography – Belaws does not allow any exchange of adult-oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on Belaws should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Belaws condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others.
Phishing and Spam – Any attempt to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another User’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our Users’ privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use Belaws for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate Users or Service Providers who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other Users or Service Providers on Belaws. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass Users or Service Providers through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts - You may not buy or sell Belaws accounts.
- Users or Service Providers with disabled accounts will not be able to purchase services or make Offers on Belaws.
- Users or Service Providers must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing proof evidencing ownership of that account.
- Disputes should be handled by contacting Belaws Customer Support.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content refers to contents added by Users or Service Providers as opposed to contents created by Belaws. All contents uploaded on Belaws by Users or Service Providers are User Generated Contents. Belaws does not check User-uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite all Users or Service Providers to report violations together with proof of true ownership as appropriate. Reported violating contents may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, Belaws is not responsible for the content, quality or level of service provided by Service Providers. We provide no warranty with respect to the services, their delivery, and any communications between Users and Service Providers.
By offering their services, Service Providers represent they have the necessary permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide said services on Belaws.
Unless clearly stated otherwise on Service Providers Orders, when a scope of work is delivered and subject to payment, Buyers are granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered by Service Providers, and Service Providers waive any and all moral rights therein. Delivered works shall be considered work-for-hire except where provided otherwise by Service Providers. All transfers and assignments of intellectual property to Buyers shall be subject to a full payment for services and deliverables may not be used if the payment is cancelled for any reason.
Service Providers further confirm that any information received from Users which is not public domain shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the Order to Users.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”
BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER BELAWS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH BELAWS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL BELAWS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
For any comments or questions related to the Terms or Use, please contact us by email at [email protected].
In Thailand, our registered company number is 0105560152489 and our registered office is located at ITF Tower, Room 604, 25th Floor, 160 Silom Road, Bangkok 10500, Thailand.
In Singapore, our registered company number is 201914071Z and our registered office is located at 96 Robinson Road #11-04 SIF Building, Singapore 068899.